Blogging rides up on my butt every night threatening to run me over and derail me. Recently back working again, I haven’t retained the mental space to prepare a prominent idea cultivated while wandered during the day – and I don’t want to blog about my work as I’d love for it to transform into a permanent opportunity. Not to mention that I’m not truly wandering if I already mapped out my route beforehand. Blogging steals large chunks of my day, but leave me feeling more fulfilled, productive, and centered, despite the chaos it creates in the rest of my universe.
HERE ARE THINGS REMOVED FROM MY DAY NOW THAT I BLOG:
1) DISHES – Oh stop, I do them, just not at night like I used to. I admit to using paper plates and plastic utensils occasionally for a special dish-free treat!
2) LAUNDRY – I wash it, dry it, lay it out so it won’t wrinkle, (because if I ain’t a-folding, I’m definitely not ironing). I used to fold while watching DVD’s guilt-free but…
3) DVDs – I’ve gone from a super efficient Netflix user watching 2 discs a week to holding onto my motivational DVD for the last 6 weeks so far only half-watched.
4) READING – My books haven’t moved from the spot where I brought them home.
5) SLEEP – Because I start my blog so late, I don’t get done til the wee hours – fortunately I do well with small sleep and venti coffees!
6) SURFING – This former title-winnning Timesuck of social media and pinning pretty pictures now falls into a new category titled “research.”
HERE ARE THINGS TO RESTORE TO MY DAY NOW THAT I BLOG:
1) BREAKS – Using stop light breaks, or coffee breaks to sit still with myself leaves my office behind and myself more open to noticing things that could be potential topics.
2) CREATIVITY – Finding fun new ways to do something help keep that side of my brain open and active.
3) MOVEMENT – Creative juices just flow faster when the blood pumps as you breathe deeply.
4) MUSIC – Certain groups do it for me where I listen to their stuff and ideas pour from my head.
I WELCOME SUGGESTIONS!