Advertisements

CURRENTLY: O MaG!

Usually I do this exercise to check in with myself every so often, remind myself to be present and grateful during my endless day-to-day grind. This time, my mind is whirring a million miles an hour since receiving a jolt of adrenaline in the form of a great adventure! I’ve been picked, with 50 other people, to become O Mag Insiders: The Inner Circle of O! I always remember Oprah saying that she didn’t believe in luck and this week I saw this play out in my own life and it’s phenomenal!

CURRENTLY GRATEFUL FOR
Visible Growth!
So many people I know have side gigs to earn a little play money on the side. For me, I knew that if I was going to dedicate my treasured free time to something, it needed to be something involving writing and that didn’t steal me from my children. It hasn’t always been easy – blogging from my car during kids’ practices, staying up late. It hasn’t always had perfect results – now my kids groan when I bring out the camera. However, then I remind them that we’ve been working our way through short-term goals of making memories while building our base with adventure and eating reviews. We then plan to ramp up to accepting occasional invitations for a weekend getaway and building eventually to a long-term goal of taking our whole extended family (meaning their dad, step-mom and most importantly their little sister) to Aulani or on a Disney Cruise before my son leaves for college. They’ve witnessed the progress!

CURRENTLY SURPRISED BY
Inner harmony!
Somewhere in between the other emotions a warm stillness emerged. If you know me, you may already recognize chaos between both sides of my mind – the logical, rational left side of my brain and the creative artistic right side – as they battle for control. Add to that: ME – How I present to others; MYSELF – My true self/gut instincts and I – Me being present. For once a consensus has been reached that I’m right where I should be and it’s powerful!

CURRENTLY PANICKING
Making the most of the experience!
Applying for this brand ambassador role a few months back was so impulsive and whimsical that I hadn’t really considered the reality that I might be one of the people chosen for the role. Based on the odds alone – thousands of people applied, and I am 1 of only 50 chosen for this program this year.  The amazing group of people that I’m fortunate enough to be a part of are both so inspiring and humbling that my logical brain tries to factor how I fit in. My heart commands me to stay present to experience this year in real time (and this blog can remind me of anything that escapes my long-term memory).

CURRENTLY REBRANDING
Myself!
Since the time of my divorce, I’ve worked to figure out who I am and to honor that truth. I’m a Caffeinated Mom, a Blogger, Pre-Midlife Female, a University staff member, I’m Hapa, Korean Adoptee, and so many more. There have been several incidents along the way that made my dreams feel frivolous and challenged my definition of myself. I still question the reasons for the challenges, but what I know for sure is I had to get raw before I could start new and grow to call myself a writer.

O Mag Insiders Headshot

WTF: Way Too Fantastic!!

CURRENTLY READING

O Magazine!
I now allow myself a segment of daily time to be still with my favorite magazine and really pore over every word and article, not just flip through, skimming snippets and folding pages to go back and read later. I’ve always loved Oprah’s magazine as it gives me the opportunity to hear from her and her team of experts more regularly. Her team digs deeper than even my best girlfriends do and ask the hard questions that I need to ask myself!

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO
My gut!
I’m not that far past the point where I’d listen to what everyone else said and dedicated my time to working on what I thought I should be doing, rather than what I wanted to do. Fortunately my gut, or some part of me, kept leading me into careers or opportunities that I felt were coincidence until my scientific brain realized these weren’t just happy accidents and to take notice. With this latest opportunity, my gut whispers “Told You So!”

O Mag Insiders Icon Logo_wHashtag

CURRENTLY ANTICIPATING
Adventure!
O Magazine has dubbed this the Year of Adventure! This is the best year for me to be taking this trip with O Magazine!  How we’ll participate in the publication, what new experiences will present themselves remain undefined thus far. I hope I’ll be able to include my children in some because I have so few years left with them overall. Still, I’m open to not simply following them into adventure, but choosing some of my own while I try to remind myself who I was before they were here! I’m a big believer in spending money on adventures, not things. That’s where we build our strongest family connections!

CURRENTLY WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE
Staying true to yourself isn’t always easy but it’s worth it!.
Following my gut and being myself has allowed me to find and stay on the path I’m truly meant to navigate. This is far more rewarding than following my previously laid out corporate career plan of my 20s. I’m not someone who will kiss butt to get ahead or lie to make a sale. A) I’m a terrible liar; B) It’s too hard to remember the lies told; C) Dreaming up and implementing falsehoods takes more time and energy than I have in a day. I try to do great work with a sunny disposition and build mutual respect with co-workers.  I am invigorated by a challenge and my blood pumps with anticipation of this new role.

img_3641

WWOD (What Would Oprah Do?)? – I did exactly as Oprah does, worked to be ready when opportunity came knocking!

Where I’ll wind up after this whirlwind year remains to be seen but I am so grateful for the opportunity and promise to make the most of it!

Here we go!

What about you?
Do you still believe in luck?
Do you know the path you’re on or are you still searching for your path?
What 1 thing will you do today to move you towards your goals?
When’s the last time you sat down and read any publication – like O Magazine?!
How do you calm your mind when it’s trying to talk over you?
Do you lead with your head or your heart?
What are you currently doing?
Do you want to be one of the next group of #OMagInsiders?

Consider these:
CURRENTLY AVOIDING
CURRENTLY EATING
CURRENTLY INDULGING IN
CURRENTLY WATCHING
CURRENTLY COVETING
Or dream up your own!

#OMAGinsiders #YearOfAdventure #Oprah #Magazine #Creative #Opportunity #Blogger    #Influencer #Writer #Coincidence #Chance #Fate #Preparation #Harmony #Challenge #WhatIKnowForSure #HereWeGoC #WWOD #WTF

Advertisements

53 Comments (+add yours?)

1. robin rue
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 02:51:12

Congratulations. I have never read O magazine, so I wasn’t aware they were hunting for bloggers. Hope you have fun!

2. duffelbagspouse
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 02:53:07

I like to sit and read while I diffuse essential oils. Its calming and therapeutic to me and keeps my mind from going a mile a minute. Right now I am diffusing Joy and orange–smells like heaven.

3. Raine C. S.
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 07:45:45

Congratulations! This is an excellent positive thing to have happen in your life. I like your post, seems like you’ve spent quite some time being introspective.

4. Lois
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 08:31:01

Sarah, I really enjoyed this and congratulations to you!!! Always knew you were awesome.

5. agentizerozerosetter
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 13:09:13

Congratulations!This sure is a great opportunity,but also a great goal to reach!

6. GiGi Eats Celebrities
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 13:35:24

YAY !! CONGRATS !! Listening to your gut can be hard sometimes because you can get easily confused between a stomach ache and what you should be doing! haha!

7. eazynazy
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 14:12:30

Wow congratulations, i never heard about this magzine and glad i got to know it now

8. Richard_eCoursesXYZ (@Richard_eCourse)
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 15:01:51

No, I don’t believe in luck! I believe in law of attraction and everything that is presented into my life is something that I personally manifested to be there, good and bad. Congrats on the O thing.

9. Barbara Schlichting
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 17:44:46

I don’t believe in luck either, and nothing is a coincidence. I believe in Divine Order. Be thankful for everything and gracious and kind to all. Thanks!

10. Tristan Dennington
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 18:28:59

Loving your positive vibes! One thing I do to calm my mind is make a list (I call it a brain dump) of things I have accomplished, things I am going to do, etc. I just get it all out there and out of my head. For some reason, this really helps with my anxiety and I can remind myself of all the happy things instead of stuff I’m worried about.

-Tristan

11. Albert
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 19:26:08

I am happy for you and what you have become. For sure I can do this too.

12. Elizabeth O.
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 00:54:44

I do believe in luck! I think it’s awesome that you got in! I haven’t met a woman that doesn’t love Oprah. She’s amazing.

13. Carol Cassara
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 00:57:23

Looks like life is pretty awesome for you! That is so good to know. Congrats on getting in the circle. I think it’s great! I tend to avoid reading newspapers these days and just go ahead and read magazines more.

• Sarah Harris
      Mar 10, 2017 @ 01:00:10

Life’s definitely revealing more highlights than usual for sure! I agree that magazines are more desirable reading than bxw inky newspapers. Thanks for wandering by!

14. The Editor
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 03:21:47

Congratulations for being the new O Mag influencer! Yepee!!! Cheers!

-blairvillanueva

15. Cynthia Nicoletti
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 06:37:23

I love Oprah. She is an amazing woman. Congratulations to you for being an influential and in the inner circle. !

16. Shaheen Khan
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 06:50:40

I really enjoyed reading this post. You really seem so sorted out about your goals and our life. Congratulations on being chosen for the inner circle of Oprah’s magazine! I am currently sorting out my goals:) want to start working on my writing and being more organised as far as time management is concerned. At the same time don’t want to miss a single glorious moment with my little ones.

• Sarah Harris
      Mar 10, 2017 @ 06:55:00

Exactly where I am coming from too! If you come up with a time management system that works please share. I always waver between an excel spreadsheet, my phone and a bullet journal! Enjoy your little ones!

17. LaShon Renee
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 13:41:16

Congratulations! This is an awesome opportunity!

18. MyYellowApron
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 14:20:01

Your post exudes positivism. Really adore the ideas. Great post. Loved going through it.

19. Glenda K.
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 15:25:26

Congratulations Sarah! Being selected as one of O Mag Insiders must feel amazing! 🙂

20. Sauumye Chauhan
    Mar 11, 2017 @ 13:37:21

Congratulations Sarah!! That is so amazing!!

21. HealthierSteps (@Healthiersteps)
    Mar 11, 2017 @ 20:47:26

Congratulations Sarah, I’m so happy for you. O MAG will be better with you onboard!

22. Bobbi
    Mar 12, 2017 @ 10:31:24

I am so happy that you have these positive things going on in your life. That’s amazing!

23. Michelle Waller
    Mar 12, 2017 @ 12:02:32

Congratulations! This is a huge accomplishment.

• Sarah Harris
      Mar 15, 2017 @ 12:28:46

Thank you Michelle! I’m trying to simmer in the accomplishment because too often I skirt right past it and try to figure out what’s next but this time, I’m determined to enjoy it a bit! Thank you for wandering by!

24. Michelle Stewart
    Mar 15, 2017 @ 11:18:29

I don’t really believe in luck. I believe in a divine plan and blessings!

25. Mama Munchkin (@globalmunchkins)
    Mar 17, 2017 @ 09:58:33

Yes, to O Magazine, listing to your body, adventures and more of what you said. I am loving it.

26. suezway
    Mar 24, 2017 @ 21:37:31

Congratulations! I have not heard about this magazine but will definately check up for furthur details. I am glad I got to know about it, thank you.

27. Trackback: I Bet I Can Still Sp(+)(+)k You | Makes Me Wander